Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, July 22, 2013

Staying in Dahlonega July 22, 2013

Hey everybody,

I got the transfer call just a few minutes ago and found out Elder Kilmer and I are both staying in Dahlonega. I'm glad about that. I really want to get this area moving steadily before I leave, even if I myself don't have a baptism. We are so close I still feel like. And the other missionary in our ward Elder Price is a boss, one of the coolest missionaries I've met. He's training a new missionary. His companion is going home.

Anyways it's still been raining, Elder Kilmer and I actually got poured on pretty good once this week. But it hasn't been as consistent as in the last couple weeks. In fact it's been really hot most of the time. Bleh. Humid heat is not my favorite.

We were unable to meet with most of our investigators this week, they all rescheduled their appointments to this week. It was frustrating but we did some good work with less active members and contacting. And actually we had one appointment with a family that was awesome. They had been taught by missionaries in the past and are very open. They will progress well I think. While we were teaching them there was a crazy storm going on in the background. Like super loud thunder every 2 minutes. But the spirit was really strong and they agreed to be baptized if they received an answer the Book of Mormon was true.

We also had a really nice lady invite us into her home. It was hot out and she gave us some lemonade and listened as we taught a brief restoration message. It was great though, the Lord has really prepared her and we're excited to go back and teach her family. While we were in there it started raining and as we were walking back to the car started pouring and we got soaked haha.

But I'm loving the work and I'm glad I'm staying with Elder Kilmer here in Dahlonega. Thanks for all your support.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment