Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, June 24, 2013

Good, but tiring week June 24, 2013

This week was pretty awesome but we worked so hard and I've been super exhausted. And my year mark is coming up in a few days! I can't believe it, it's flown by for me. I mean I look back on certain events and they seem a long time ago, but overall it feels like I'm still a young missionary, not getting over the hump.

I can't believe how many people from home are going on missions now! It's crazy and awesome. I LOVED the broadcast last night it was so motivational and powerful. Got me really pumped to start working with the ward more, that's what this area really needs is ward involvement. They talked about how missionaries shouldn't have time to knock on doors and when we aren't teaching we knock doors. A lot. It's hard to do much else with our mile limitations and how spread out everyone is here. If we can get more help from the ward though we'll get this area rolling.

The work has been interesting, mostly good. We have found a lot of new people to teach this week and we had some amazing experiences. We were going to an appointment to leave a blessing in someones home and as we were walking, these two ladies pulled up and asked if we could pray with them on the side of the road (it was a dirt road in a neighborhood so there was no traffic). We prayed with them and were able to get a return appt. with the one that lived in our area and see her on Saturday. It was awesome. Yesterday we had some extra time too so we went knocking and started talking to this guy. He started asking questions about if we believed in Christ, baptism, moral values, Sabbath day, and a "waiting place after we die before judgement." It was so cool so we answered all his questions and gave him a Book of Mormon and are hoping to see him tomorrow. The bad part of this week is that we haven't been able to see Tori for 3 weeks now, and Caroline called and said she wants to wait to get some issues worked out before she quits smoking or even meeting with us. But we also started working with a part member young couple. We're teaching him tonight again and he's an awesome guy.

We knocked so many doors this week. On Saturday I thought I would die of heat stroke haha. But it has been great having Elder Kilmer as a companion because we both work really hard and get along really well.

Hope all is going well at home! I included some pictures of Amicolila falls. Also yeah I got some new pants and a belt. They're good.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment