Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, December 16, 2013

Crazy Good Week in John's Creek

This week was pretty great. Man the days go so fast right now... We've been running around like crazy; so much faster paced than any other time on my mission. I feel like we just run from appointment to appointment to some Zone Leader responsibility to ward activity to appointment and try to squeeze tracting in the cracks. I am soooo tired too. Like man I thought I was tired earlier in my mission, and I was, but way more now. Bleh.

We had a sweet zone meeting on Tuesday. It's hard to organize and plan out a meeting to train missionaries who all have different needs. They are all super fresh too. We planned the meeting out to be about efficiency and effectiveness in missionary work; then the spirit took over though and we ended up having most the meeting being on overcoming discouragement and working by the spirit. It was great though I think all the zone learned a lot and we did too.

This week we had a meeting with the Stake President, Mission President and one other stake leaders and one other set of zone leaders who are in the stake. It was amazing to see how they plan and work at a stake level. The church is stinkin organized! It was a great experience though and I learned a lot from that too. Pres. Ernst said something I really liked. "We've been taught how to do missionary work over and over and over again... now we just need the faith."

Oretha was baptized on Saturday! It was so great. Baptisms rock, so much spirit. Our investigator Kevin was there and he loved it. We're still planning on having the baptism for Anthony, Alex, and Ajiatic on Saturday, but there is a ton to do before then so we'll see. I'm pretty sure on Alex and Anthony but Ajiatic is a little more iffy. Also, in case you were wondering Ajiatic is pronounced A-jee-atic.

Christmas is almost here! Crazy sneaks up on me fast. Our mission Christmas party is this Thursday and I'm stoked on that it was a ton of fun last year. I'm actually not sure where or when we will be skypeing.... but we'll figure it out this week, promise.

So I hope you know I love you because otherwise I wouldn't write these emails.... seriously I hate to say it but emailing is like the bane of my existence. But I love you so much that I do it anyways. I hope your week preceding Christmas is awesome and I love hearing about your missionary experiences they are so uplifting. Keep inviting and loving everyone. Man I really stink at writing good emails and I'm sorry for that... but have a great week!

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment