Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, July 23, 2012

First Week in Georgia July 24, 2012

Hey everyone!

So this is my first week in Georgia. When I first got here they had us go talk to people on this subway train called MARTA. It was a good experience but a nerve racking one. I found out I will be in Woodstock for my first 12 weeks at least. Woodstock is super awesome. It's a really nice are and most everyone is super nice and wants to talk about religion which is cool.

I learned some things about Georgia right when I got here too. First, Georgia does not have the best peaches. I don't know where that came from but the best peaches are from South Carolina and they are amazing. Second, it's really really green. Like there are just trees everywhere and it's just a gorgeous place to be. Also like I said earlier, most people like to talk about religion. It's cool to see so many people passionate about it whatever their beliefs are.

My companion is named Elder Wight. He's been out for about 8 months now and he's pretty awesome. We get along well and he's definitely teaching me what I need to know. We've been doing a lot of teaching. Like I can't believe how busy we are with all the less actives and investigators it's crazy. We are in a biking area so I'm trying to get used to being constantly covered in sweat. The humidity is weird like it doesn't feel that hot but you are always sweating and it's kinda hard to breathe.

Anyways the ward here is amazing. Like everyone is super nice and wants to feed us. ANd they all have sweet accents which is cool. Seriously like I know it's hard to believe but there is a good chance I'm gonna come back a big fat guy. Ha ha really they feed us so good down here. And the members are really willing to come teach with us and drive us around so that's awesome.

Yesterday we taught a new investigator named Laura and her daughter Mary Ann. We we're starting to teach when Laura's father comes in and starts talking all this anti mormon stuff. I was like great they're not going to feel the spirit at all. But he calmed down and left and we started to teach her about the restoration. It was so spiritually powerful and Laura is so sincere. She listened to everything we said and when I asked her to commit to baptism she said yes. She also prayed for us and then said she felt "really warm and peaceful" It was so great and I'm really excited to see how much her life will improve from this.

Anyways I love you all and hope all's going well in AZ. Please remember if you haven't written me I can't write you because I don't have your address. So please send some mail so I can start writing you guys individually.

Love,

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment