Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, February 24, 2014

Good Weird Week

Wow I feel like I'm the Johns Creek guru now. Seriously as I've been introducing my companion to this area I know like everyone and all the place to go. It's nice getting a new comp when you've been in an area for 6 months. But my new companion is Elder Zimmerman. He's been out 7 and a half months and was just made zone leader. He's from Utah and is a really cool good guy. He's actually a lot like my last companion Elder Coleman. On Tuesday before I picked Elder Zimmerman up we had zone training meeting. It was a little stressful running the whole thing by myself since Elder Coleman was gone picking up the brand new missionaries. I think it went well though. That night we had a lesson with Steve A. and he's doing great. He promised me he would be at church on Sunday and he kept his promise! I think he really enjoyed church too.

Elder Zimmerman and I found some solid new people to teach. One was a lady named Asia. When we knocked on her door her 5 year old daughter came and said, "My mom said she's not interested." We left kinda laughing at how people send their kids to shoo us away, but then Asia came out. She said she was on the phone and thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses. She said two sister missionaries had come by a while ago and offered a blessing on the house. At the time they were too busy but she said she regretted it ever since and wanted us to bless her home. So we did. Had a long conversation after that and invited her to church. She said she would love to come and said, "You should invite the neighbors down the street, the Davis'. They are such a good Christian family." The Davis family are active in our ward. They actually brought two of Asia's kids to church on Sunday. Asia was unable to make it, but we're really hopeful for her.

Everyone is talking about the Gilbert Temple dedication! I wish I could watch the youth cultural event. Apparently this Temple is more ornate and detailed than any other Temple for a long time. I'm going to be stoked to go through when I get home.

I ate lint out of the lint trap for 5 dollars last week. Thought you'd like to know.

Elder Cooper  Reply Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment