Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, February 10, 2014

Finally a slower week

Wow the weeks were bulldozing by at ridiculous speed, but finally things have slowed down here in Johns Creek. It was nice to not feel as frantic and crazy, but also hard to go from so much happening to finding a lot. Maybe it's good though because I will probably be transferred next week and may go somewhere the work is slow. I have no idea what to expect though, there is going to be so many change ups this transfer.

We have some pretty cool investigators right now. I think I mentioned how the Witherspoons moved last week and how sad that was, but they should hopefully be moving back close to us again this week which would be great. The mom is so close to being baptized and wants it so bad, she just is so busy and lives so far now. I know if she puts forth the effort though the Lord will help her.

We had a really crazy leadership meeting this last week too. President told us that we are going to be more and more segregated (for lack of a better term) from the Sister Missionaries. It's going to be hard but I think it will be really fun too. Like today we had an Elders Pday and it was a blast. What was craziest is my trainee or "son" Elder Packer came and visited me! He left the mission around 9 months ago for medical reasons, and was visiting GA with his parents. So he dropped by today and played Ultimate Frisbee with us. It was awesome to see him and see how well he is doing. I also got an email today from a recent convert James Alverez in Woodstock. Elder Packer and I actually taught and baptized him. It's so amazing to see the way the gospel has made him SO much happier and improved his quality of life so much. My companion Elder Coleman baptized his wife when he served in Woodstock later. James said in his letter that he considers us both sons and is so grateful for the truth and happiness we've brought him. That was so great to hear. That's what I love about missionary work; you have the ability to improve someone else's life, sure, but also create bonds of friendship and love that will last forever.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment