Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013

So I thought I sent an email last week but for some reason it didn't send, so I sent it again today. Sorry about that!

Oh also family, I sent a package today with all my CDs, besides Lamb of God. Our mission president changed the music rule and asked us to send home any music that wasn't gospel related basically. So that's why you're getting a box full of soundtrack music. Also the Kenny G CD isn't really Kenny G it's a mix tape of pop LDS music. Elder Wight, my trainer, gave that to me for Christmas as a joke because I hate Kenny G so much. I also hate pop lds... but yeah. Don't throw or give away though I still want all that music!

So I got my new companion this week! His name is Elder Freitas and he is from Brazilia, Brazil. His English is very good especially since he's only been speaking it for like 3 months really because he's been in the Portugese branch the rest of the time. It's pretty cool helping him learn English and we get along pretty great. It's been really cold this week though and he hates the cold, plus he's been getting over the flu so we haven't been able to do a ton of work. We did make some good progress with Renan who's Miriams husband. He had said he wasn't interested but Elder Freitas can speak Spanish too so they connected with that and I'm hopeful he'll sit in on the lessons now. We're seeing them on Wednesday. We also met with Tony a couple times, but that hasn't been going so well. He says he knows the Bible is true and since the Book of Mormon conflicts with it, (which it doesn't) he thinks it's not true. The things he thinks conflict are so strange and don't really make sense. But we're eating dinner with him tonight and hopefully we'll be able to help him feel the spirit and teach him what he needs to know.

Like I said it's been really cold. I thought it was going to be warm for a while but alas not so. It snowed today! I mean barely but still it's cold. Oh and yeah we had a tornado warning last Monday but nothing too crazy happened. It poured rain and hail for like 5 minutes but other than that it was all good.

We're hoping to meet with a couple other people we met this week too but it's still been tough to find new investigators. We had a stake fast for missionary efforts yesterday so we're faithful that will help.

We had dinner with a guy yesterday who can speak the African language where they use the clicks and junk. So cool!

Um other than that I'm excited for Easter. Our ward choir is pretty good and I'm hoping some people will come to hear them.

Hope everything is goin well back home. I'm really starting to enjoy the Suwanee ward more now and I've definitely been having better spirits lately. I love this work and the people I'm blessed to be able to work with. Oh and thanks for the picture Mom. The one of the flowers I got but the other ones didn't come through so I dunno. Bye!

Elder Spencer Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment