Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, January 14, 2013

Interesting Week Jan. 14, 2013

Hey,
 
So this week was interesting. Tuesday was really lame. I was planning on seeing all the people we'd been teaching and baptized but all of them had things come up so I wasn't able to see like any of them. But got yummy Brusters so it was all good. Brusters is ice cream place kinda like cold stone but better. Yeah. Then on Wednesday got transfered to Suwanee. Suwanee is very nice. Like just really nice neighborhoods and things. And sidewalks!!!!! I finally don't feel like I'm gonna die when I ride my bike. It's interesting, there's a pretty big Korean population here, too. My new companion is Elder Childs. He is really nice and I'm learning patience with him. But he's got a heart of gold. We aren't teaching a whole lot of people right now but we had a good lesson with an investigator on Sunday. His name is Fred and he's just really sad about his wife divorcing him and taking the kids but he's a good guy and loves us teaching him. He has had some prayers answered recently and we're hoping he will keep progressing at the same rate he is now. The Suwanee ward is really big and awesome. All the members I've met are real nice and very missionary minded. So I'm really excited to do more work with member referals in this area.
 
Oh, and I find it hilarious that it's colder in AZ than it is here. We've had a random warm spell. Like the last few days has been in the 70s; it's been amazing. Not looking forward to the cold again. There was one day though where we got rained on pretty hard. That was rough but other than that it's been so nice.
 
The pics attatched are just of me with some other missionaries at our Pday dinner, the band that played the rap and I doing our lame boy band pose, and a pond in a park in Suwanee. Oh yeah so aparrently that rap is on youtube... Not sure how but hey whatever. I guess Elder Dennie emailed it home and his family put it up. It's called "missionary Chrismas" by the black tags. I think you should be able to find it by typing that in. not sure though haven't tried... obviously.
 
Hope you are all doing good and love you guys.
 
Elder Spencer Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment