Elder Spencer Cooper

Write to him at:

Elder Spencer Cooper

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

1150 Cole Dr. SW

Lilburn, GA 30047









Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Hey everyone!

We had a baptism this week for Charles! It was so great because his parents were pretty against him being baptized but they came and stayed for sacrament meeting and I know they felt the spirit. It was great and he's super solid in the gospel.

Other than that we have just been working hard teaching and finding. It's been a little slow but not too bad and there are definitely some people who I'm excited to teach. One guy is named Kevin. Ha he has the strangest perspective on religion I've ever seen. He believes there is some higher power but doesn't know why God would put him through so much suffering. What's strange is like he can see how happy we are and he's like "I want that for me!" but is totally unwilling to do anything about it. He doesn't want to pray because he has zero faith that it will work and he just wants a sign from God. He's hilarious though and I hope we can help him find his faith.

So every Monday on P day we come to the stake center where I can play piano and basketball and my comp can just play ball. It's super fun and we get to see all the other missionaries.

Nothing too much more to say... I attached a couple pics one of my companion and one of a crazy spider we found.

Love

Elder Cooper 

No comments:

Post a Comment